Briargreen is a very family oriented community with a strong active community association. One of our favourite attributes of Briargreen is that there are no through streets-if you are in Briargreen in a car, you are either going home or visiting. This neighbourhood is bounded in the North by Baseline Road, East by Marble Arch Crescent, train tracks to the south Greenbank Road to the West. A quiet, mature area with lots of trees, Briargreen has single family and semi-detached homes with a low crime rate.
The many bike paths found in Briargreen offers residents easy access to the large Ottawa Public Library branch in Centrepointe.
The local Bassline Pub & Eatery is a great source of entertainment with live music five nights a week and a great menu selection to choose from.
Hungry? Why not try some of the great food that is offered in the area. Mr.Shawarma that is in the same plaza as the Bassline Pub & Eatery at Greenbank & Baseline, has one of the best family platters in town – you know it’s great because there is always a lineup! There is also a great little bakery, Lisbon Bakery that has plenty of treats and great home baked breads for every occasion.
This neighbourhood is conveniently close to everything. It’s only a couple of minutes to the 416, and the Queensway Carleton Hospital is close by as well. There is a large library branch in Centerpointe, and plenty of shopping to be had in Bells Corners. The Bayshore Shopping Centre is close by as well.
Briargreen: Residential Statistics
These are average sale prices for properties sold between Jan.1st-Dec. 31st 2016
- 12 Detached: $461,135
- 3 Semi-Detached: $355,667
*Source Ottawa Real Estate Board
Around the Area
- Briargreen Public School (19 Parkfield Cres.)
- Knoxdale Public School (170 Greenbank Rd.)
- Grant Alternative School (2625 Draper Ave.)
- Fisher Park/Summit Alternative School (250 Holland Ave.)
- Greenbank Middle School (168 Greenbank Rd.)
- Sir Robert Borden High School (131 Greenbank Rd.)
- St. John the Apostle Elementary School (30 Costello Ave.)
- St. Paul High School (2675 Draper Ave.)
- University of Ottawa (550 Cumberland St.)
- Carleton University (1125 Colonel By Dr.)
- Algonquin College (1385 Woodroffe Ave.)
- Everest College (200-1050 Morrison Dr.)
- Queensway Carleton Hospital (3045 Baseline Rd.)
- Appletree Medical Centre (2573 Baseline Rd.)
Places of Worship
- Greenbank Community Church (51 Greenbank Rd.)
- Queensway West Baptist Church (51 Greenbank Rd.)
- Congregation Beit Tikvah of Ottawa (15 Chartwell Ave.)