Here are some useful "Packing Tips"!
1. Use strong containers that are in good condition and can be secured tightly with twine or strapping tape. These can usually be purchased from your moving company. Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe, and other special items.
2. Label each box with its contents, which room it should go in, whether it is fragile, and whether it should be loaded last so as to be unloaded first.
3. Don't load more than 50 pounds into any one box, and make sure that the weight is evenly distributed.
4. Cushion contents with newspaper or other packing material to prevent breakage. Use newsprint paper or tissue paper for items that might be soiled by newspaper. Towels and cloth napkins are great for wrapping fragile items.
5. Pack books tightly in small boxes. Alternate bindings and wrap valuable books separately.
6. Have your rugs and draperies cleaned before moving and leave them in their wrappings for easier handling.
7. Remove all breakables and liquids from drawers and pack them separately. Seal medicines and other containers to prevent leaking and pack them in a leak proof bag or container.
8. Pack linens and clothing in drawers, but don't overload them.
Carry all valuables with you. Do not pack jewelry, documents, coin or stamp collections, or anything that will be difficult to replace. The contents of a safety deposit box can be moved for you by your bank.