Garage Sale Tips:
1. Allow adequate time to plan and prepare ... several weeks.
2. Select the right date so it won't conflict with holidays or special events.
3. Bigger is better. Maybe someone else on your street would also be interested in hosting a garage sale.
4. Practical household goods such as appliances, dishes, furniture, and tools are good sellers. Clothing typically doesn't have high resale value with the possible exception of children's clothing in good condition.
5. Items should be clean and if not in working order, labeled accordingly.
6. A classified ad in the newspaper listing some of the more desirable items can greatly increase your traffic.
7. Use well created, attractive signs to direct people to your home... the nicer the sign, the more attention it will attract. Balloons are a great eye catcher.
8. You'll need to have cash, including lots of coin, on hand to make change for customers.
9. Visit other garage sales to see what works well.