When selling your home in the winter, the art of staging the inside becomes more important. Here are five simple tips that can help you sell your home shine even when the outside landscaping has faded:
1) Keep your house warm. In the winter people tend to turn the thermostat down to save money, however a warmer house is more welcoming to a potential buyer.
2) Clear your walkways and driveways of any snow or ice. Make it easy for buyers to get to your home.
3) Clean the windows and blinds. Letting in the natural light can brighten up a room and cheer up the home. This also brings attention to the windows and blinds so make sure they are clean even during winter. Dirty windows will make the home seem as though it is not well maintained.
4) Background music played softly can completely change the atmosphere making the home seem cozy and keep potential buyers around longer. Stick with classical music which can appeal to anyone.
5) Leave the light on. Before showing a home, make sure it's well lit. A well lit home is more inviting. If you're not home, consider setting up timers.
Following these simple tips can give your house that added boost in today's competitive market. For information on selling in our local market, please feel free to call and ask for a computer analysis of our recent market activity. We would be more than happy answer any questions you might have!