The Trend Village/Sheahan Estates neighbourhood is situated north of the rail road tracks, with Hunt Club to the south, Greenbank to the East and the NCC Greenbelt to the west.
This area enjoys a well-educated and linguistically diverse population that is active in the political process. With an active community association, Trend/Sheahan offers a wide variety of housing options, from affordable town homes to luxury single family homes.
The neighbourhood has a beautiful natural ravine that follows Graham Creek and a number of excellent parks and bike paths. Perfect for the active lifestyle, with the NCC bordering the West, you can cross country ski in the winter or take a nature hike through one of the many trails in the summer. A large off leash dog park in the Bruce Pit is popular among dog owners. Bruce Pit has one of the best toboggan hills in the area, and watching Canadian geese, ducks, beavers and herons in the greenbelt are one of the many perks of this community.
Recreation is a big part of the Trend-Arlington neighbourhood. Whether you are a professional or an amateur, the Superdome located at 191 Knoxdale Rd. (Near intersection of Hunt club/Greenbank) is only minutes away and offers many indoor activities such as: soccer, rugby, football, lacrosse & golf.
The community also enjoys quick access to both the Queensway and 416, and is only a short drive to Bayshore Shopping Centre . The Carlingwood Shopping Centre is also only a short drive away and offers a wide variety of shops for every style.
The Queensway Carleton Hospital, located at 3045 Baseline Rd., is West Ottawa’s only fully serviced community hospital that employs over 1800 health care professionals. The QCH is only minutes away from this neighbourhood and delivers Emergency, Childbirth, Geriatrics, Mental Health, Medical and Surgical Services and Rehabilitation to western Ottawa Residence.
The Greenbank Square Shopping Centre that is within a short walking distance and boasts a variety of shops including a 24hr Metro grocery store, a bakery, several sit down restaurants, a florist, a bank , fashion boutiques and Tim Horton’s.
There are two smaller plazas in the area with restaurants for lunch and dinner, and a great Chinese eatery, called New Hong Shing (try the daily specials) for both dine in and take out. Franks Bakery & Catering makes fantastic sandwiches and butter tarts and is the perfect stop for lunch. Alongside a local convenience store, you will find Tony behind the counter of the Cozmos Souvlaki for Greek fast food, generous platters and pitas eat in or takeout and delivery. Parti Pizza has been serving the community since 1972 and now has Gluten Free Dough. The pizza is delicious with plenty of cheese and your choice of ingredients. The newest addition to places to eat in the neighbourhood is the Vietnamese Pho House- a great value friendly family run restaurant to take out or eat in at 250 Greenbank Road.
Trend/Sheahan also offers excellent schools which are highly rated on the Fraser Institute’s school rankings list.
OC Transpo provides bus service to the area whether you are heading downtown to visit the Parliament buildings (many local residents take advantage of the express service going to and from work), going east to Orleans or south to Barrhaven, there are transit routes to transit stations and the O Train.
One quick transfer from the 174 to the 95 express route will accommodate many of the destinations you wish to travel to. Take advantage of the city transit on your daily commute.
Overall, Trend/Sheahan is a great, family oriented neighbourhood. It’s an easy decision to make Trend Village or Sheahan Estates your new home today!
Trend Village & Sheahan Estates Residential Statistics
These are average sale prices for properties sold between Jan.1st-Dec. 31st 2017
- 21 Detached: $512,895
- Average of 51 days on market
- 11 Row Units: $316,209
- Average of 27 days on market
- 4 Semi-Detached: $311,000
- Average of 42 days on market
Trend Village & Sheahan Estates Condominium Statistics
These are average sale prices for properties sold between Jan.1st-Dec. 31st 2016
- 11 Row Units: $159,445
- Average of 118 days on market
*Source Ottawa Real Estate Board
Around the Area
- Knoxdale Public School (170 Greenbank Rd.)
- Leslie Park Public School (20 Harrison St.)
- Greenbank Middle School (168 Greenbank Rd.)
- Sir Robert Borden High School (131 Greenbank Rd.)
- John the Apostle School (30 Costello Ave.)
- Pope John XXII Elementary School (165 Knoxdale Rd.)
- Paul High School (2675 Draper Ave.)
- Algonquin College (1385 Woodroffe Ave.)
- Carleton University (1125 Colonel By Dr.)
- University of Ottawa (550 Cumberland St.)
- Paul University (223 Main St.)
- Trillium College (2525 Carling Ave.)
- Everest College (200-1050 Morrison Dr.)
- Bayshore Shopping Centre (100 Bayshore Dr.)
- Pinecrest Shopping Centre (2735 Iris St.)
- Greenbank Square Shopping Centre (250 Greenbank Rd.)
- Carlingwood Shopping Centre (2121 Carling Ave.)
- Queensway Carleton Hospital (3045 Baseline Rd.)
- Appletree Medical Centre (2573 Baseline Rd.)
Places of Worship
- Arlington Woods Free Methodist Church (225 McClellan Rd.)
- Woodvale Pentecostal Church (205 Greenbank Rd.)
- Ethiopian Evangical Church (225 McClellan Rd.)
- Mary Coptic Orthodox Church (1 Canfield Rd.)