Ideal blend of classic turn of the century Arts and Crafts architecture and contemporary design in this beautifully remodeled Glebe home very well located on a quiet street only steps to the canal and Browns Inlet Filled with natural light on every level, this flexible four-bedroom layout boasts wonderful formal and private spaces. Large living room with high ceilings gas fireplace and hardwood floors and pocket doors. The dining room has period trim, original stain glass panel and accommodates a large sit down gathering. The kitchen with custom cabinets and high-end appliances, granite counters is chef inspired. The kitchen overlooks the striking addition that houses the family room and provides access to the yard and carport With multiple windows and radiant heat floors this room has unlimited home entertainment possibilities. Custom built ins will keep the family room neat and tidy. This room also easily accommodates a kitchen table.
Upstairs to the second level find a serene master retreat that defines luxury. Master bath include glassed walk in shower with a claw foot soaking tub. His /her sinks and huge walk in closets, and private toilet/bidet area a bonus. The laundry is conveniently located in the en suite with folding surface and hanging rod. The master bedroom features a skylight, sitting area built in book shelves and hardwood flooring. The versatile library /den/bedroom on this level includes built ins and gas fireplace. The second bedroom is currently being used as an office and art studio. The converted porch has thee sides of windows and custom blinds , the windows throughout the home were made to appear to be from the Arts and Crafts time period .
The third level has two very generous bedrooms one with a king size bed and the other with two walk in closets . The family bath recently (2015) renovated is also located on the third level.
The lush fully fenced (2016) yard has a deck lovely gardens and pond. Covered interlock parking pad for two cars side by side. The basement has wine cellar, dog washing stand storage and utility room with a boiler that was replaced in 2016.
Those lucky enough to live in the Glebe enjoy a gorgeous urban setting plenty of parks and playgrounds and miles of walking biking paths along the canal. A short walk to shops boutiques and choice eateries plus the Landowner complex. This wonderful forever home will provide a lifestyle that will not disappoint !
- Foyer8' X 8'
- Living Room16' X 13' 10"
- Dining Room14' X 13' 6'
- Kitchen15' 10' X 10' 5"
- Family Room23" X 13"
- Main Bath 3 Piece 10" X 5' 4'
- Master Retreat26' 11"X 12'
- Master Dressing room15' X11'
- Ensuite 17' X11'
- LibraryDen 15' 4" X 12'
- Bedroom 2nd level19' 8" X 12'
- Bedroom 3rd level17" X 12'
- Bedroom 3rd level15' 9" X 13'
- Family Bath 10" X 8"
- Wine room12' X12'
- Custom window inserts high end German company 2001
- Two gas fireplaces
- Turn of the century details ( stained glass)
- Addition with wall of built ins and floor with radiant heating
- High ceilings
- Abundance of Natural light on on levels
- Dog washing station in basement
- Wine cellar in Basement
- Boiler replaced 2016 approx cost 13 K
- Fenced yard ( replaced 2016 ) with fish pond heated shed for spring planting
- Second floor laundry
- Pocket doors living and dining room
- Railing comes off of third floor stair to accommodate furniture as well as second floor railing
- Shingles 2017
- Built in oven
- 2 Fridges
- Alarm system
- Central Vacuum
- Storage shed
from the Queensway take Bank street South,Turn right onto Wilton Cres.
Wilton Cres is just past Exhibition Way.Take the 2nd right onto Oakland Ave.
Oakland Ave is just past Monk St.17 OAKLAND AVE is on the left.
17 Oakland Ave
Glebe | $1,195,000
- MLS #:1079049
- Year Built:1912 aprox
- Taxes:$11605 for 2017
- Style: Modernized Arts and Crafts
- Total Sq. Feet:3200 aprox
- Lot Shape:rectangle
- Lot Size:39.99 ft X100 ft
- Avg. Monthly Utilities:YEARLY Water $842 Electricity $2135 Gas $2287