Stunning family home in the highly desirable Craig Henry neighbourhood. This spacious home features 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and has undergone an architect-designed professional renovation, expanding the main floor size substantially. Pride of ownership is evident in this well-maintained home, from the extensive architectural details to the natural light that floods the living space courtesy of the abundance of windows and fantastic layout – simply move in and enjoy!
The welcoming foyer sets the tone for the rest of the home. The large closet provides excellent storage space.
The living room boasts large windows providing a serene view of the tree lined street. The crown molding and hardwood floors make this space a lovely sitting area. The living room is adjacent to the formal dining room, where you can enjoy family meals or host dinner parties with friends. Your guests will appreciate the warm ambiance of this space, which features custom built-ins and modern lighting.
The kitchen is a chef’s dream, offering both form and functionality – you will find yourself rushing home to cook dinner! The kitchen has been fully renovated and includes granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and an abundance of counter & cupboard space, as well as a breakfast bar and sunny eating area. There is access to the backyard from the eating area as the garden doors open onto the patio, making entertaining a breeze in the summer months. Many BBQs will be enjoyed here!
The family room is located off of the eating area and has a cozy fireplace that can be enjoyed from the eating area or the family room. The family room is the perfect place for guests to relax and unwind after enjoying a hearty meal and also features built-ins and vaulted ceilings.
The den on this level is spacious and bright, with a large closet and window, creating potential for a bedroom on the main level. The laundry room and powder room complete this level.
Upstairs to the second level are four generously sized bedrooms including the spacious Master Bedroom. Hardwood floors are found throughout this second level as well as the main level. The Master Bedroom boasts a large walk-in closet, as well as a 3-piece ensuite bath featuring gorgeous granite countertops and solid granite shower walls. This space will make you feel like you are at the spa in the comfort of your own home!
The three other bedrooms all offer large closets and windows, allowing for natural light to flood this second level. The family bathroom makes up the rest of this upper level and has a quartz countertop with custom vanity.
The finished lower level is bright, with pot lighting and extra windows creating an inviting space. There is extensive storage space in this lower level – it must be seen to be believed. A workshop can also be found in this level.
The waterfall and pond take centre stage in the professionally landscaped backyard. Once featured in the Ottawa Citizen, this private backyard boasts beautiful perennial gardens and attracts many bird species – the nature lover will enjoy this relaxing environment! This space is ideal for unwinding after a busy day or enjoying family BBQs – gas hookup provided.
Well located with close proximity to excellent schools, parks, shopping and highly accessible to public transit (ideal for commuting downtown), this home is a must see!
Many updates and special features including:
High Efficiency Furnace & C/A
High Efficiency Hot Water Tank (owned) 2014
Air Exchanger/Hepa Filter System
R20 Walls & R32 Insulation in Attic
Windows Have Been Replaced Over Time – No Original Windows – All Are Triple Glazed (with exception of basement)
Hardwood Main & Second Level
Kitchen: High End Downsview Cupboards & Granite
Custom Built-Ins: Front Hall, Dining Room & Family Room
Kerdi Board & Ditra Used in Bathrooms
Full Spray Foam Insulation in Basement (excluding workshop area)
Gas Outlet for BBQ
Inground Sprinkler System
- Living Room18'3" x 11'10"
- Dining Room17'10" x 10'2"
- Kitchen22'2" x 18'3"
- Family Room15'6" x 13'1"
- Den12'3" x 9'2"
- Laundry Room7'3" x 5'5"
- Powder Room7'3" x 5'00"
- Master Bedroom17'3" x 13'10"
- 3 PC Ensuite10'9" x 5'1"
- Bedroom 213'5" x 10'9"
- Bedroom 314'6" x 10'00"
- Bedroom 410'8" x 10'00"
- Family Bath9'4" x 6'11"
- Recreation Room22'3" x 14'11"
- High Efficiency Furnace & C/A
- High Efficiency Hot Water Tank (owned) 2014
- Air Exchanger/Hepa Filter System
- Shingles 2014
- Windows Have Been Replaced Over Time - No Original Windows - All Are Triple Glazed (with exception of basement)
- Central Vac
- Hardwood Floors Throughout Main (1998) & Second Level (2006)
- Granite Countertops in Kitchen, Master Ensuite & Laundry Room
- High End Downsview Kitchen Cupboards
- Quartz Countertop Family Bathroom
- Custom Vanity in Family Bathroom
- Custom Deslaurier Vanity in Master Ensuite
- Custom Built-ins in Front Hall, Dining Room & Family Room
- Crown Molding & Other Extensive Architectural Detail Throughout Main & Second Levels
- Finished Basement Laminate Flooring 2014
- Professionally Landscaped Yard with Waterfall & Pond (once featured in the Ottawa Citizen)
- Gas Outlet for BBQ
- Inground Sprinkler System
- R20 Walls & R32 Insulation in Attic
- Hood Fan
- Washer & Dryer
- Central Vac & Accessories
- Window Treatments & Blinds
- Light Fixtures
- Hot Water Tank
- Pond Equipment
- Exclusions: All shelves in basement; workbench in basement and garage
Hunt Club Rd to Knoxdale Rd, left onto Conover St, right onto Charing Rd.
61 Charing Road
Craig Henry | $659,900
- MLS #:1000898
- Year Built:1979
- Taxes:$6491 2015
- Style:Detached 2 Story
- Garage:Double Attached
- Basement:Fully Finished
- Lot Size:68'90" x 103'34"
- Avg. Monthly Utilities:Hydro:$125 Gas:$98 Water:$51