Your Guide to Ottawa’s Canada Day Celebrations
Looking for something to do to celebrate Canada’s 148th birthday? We’ve got you covered!
Get there for free, and don’t worry about parking! OC Transpo services are free on Canada Day.
Head to Parliament Hill for a giant patriotic party! The itinerary is as follows:
- 9 a.m. – Flag raising ceremony
- 9:30 a.m. – Changing of the Guard ceremony
- 10 a.m. – Carillon concert featuring the Peace Tower Bells
- Noon – Performance by the Snowbirds Demonstration team
- Noon – Show filled with cultural entertainment
- Evening show – Magic!, Gord Bamford, Francesco Yates, Marc Dupre, Cassidy Mann, and Karim Ouellet
- Evening – Giant fireworks show
At Jacques-Cartier Park there will be a variety of activities for kids aged 3-12, including games, physical activities, performances and inflatable slides.
At Major’s Hill Park the festivities will include cultural performances, displays and exhibits.
Click here for a list of other Canada Day activities elsewhere in the capital!
Click here for a comprehensive list of activities put together by the Ottawa Citizen.
Leave a Reply